Sundance Properties Ltd – Baylys Beach (Kaipara District)
- 86 residential lots created in the small coastal settlement of Baylys Beach on the West Coast of Northland.
- The lot sizes average approximately 600m².
- The Subdivision is approved in 5 stages.
- Given that no Council reticulated sewer system was present in Baylys Beach, the provision for an Innoflow Wastewater Treatment System was consented to by Council to provide for the communal disposal and treatment of effluent.
- Council also allowed for the temporary storage of effluent onsite subject to further progress from the District Council in implementing full sewer reticulation for the remainder of Baylys Beach.
- The property is located on a level plateau on the northern side of Baylys Beach and enjoys views through Baylys Beach to the rugged West Coast.
- Given the access restrictions, the subdivision was designed as a long cul-de-sac and includes several timber stepped walkways through to Baylys Beach.
- The subdivision roading was designed with grass swales and interconnected stormwater sumps to lessen the concentration of stormwater generated from the sealed pavement.
- Stormwater retention was also allowed for within the subdivision on the adjoining property to ensure no increase in concentrated runoff from the subdivision.
- As part of the development, upgrade works were also carried out to the existing major arterial road within Baylys Beach.
- A water reticulation pressure pumping station was also installed to ensure that the subdivision was supplied with acceptable water pressures.
The civil engineering contract for this development was carried out in a single earthworks season for the entire subdivision. The subdivision design, resource consent applications, civil engineering design and contract management were all carried out by Reyburn & Bryant.
Titles yet to be released for Stage III and V.
Contact us if you would like to know more about our services.